Thread: SQL Conditions for MS Access?

SQL Conditions for MS Access?

Hello,

I haven't used MS Access in some years and would like to know the best way to do the following:

Basically a user enters a number. That number will correspond to 1 unique row in a main table. That row will have a "Location" field that is either US or International. Depending on which one it is, the query must next either go to US table or International table to return and display the rows that match it.

I guess my main problem is using MS Access to write a "script" (either code or thru design view) that can make decisions on which tables to query against after results of the first table.

Thanks for the help!

Sql

Is there a reason to have a table for International and one for USA? You could depending on your requirements combine the two tables and use a select query to look up the details.

You could use code to do a dlookup to determine the location (USA or International), then use coding open the relevant table.

Please post the field names for each table and what details you want displayed for USA and International.

Allan