Thread: Monster Query Assistance

Monster Query Assistance

I realize this query is inherently incorrect, but my issue is mainly syntax. The line, "WHEN a.order_id <> b.order_id THEN" is wrong. I want to ensure that a.order_id is not in the settlement table. So I was thinking something along the lines of "WHEN a.order_id not in (select order_id from settlement)" which I know will cause a slower response time, but I'm willing to deal with it. In any case, that syntax doesn't appear to work.

sum(
    CASE
    WHEN a.ready_to_pay_flag = 'Y' and a.deduction_type = 'E' and (
    CASE
    WHEN a.order_id <> b.order_id THEN
    a.transaction_date
    ELSE
    b.delivery_date
    END) used_date datediff(d,used_date, ".$cutOffDate.") < 30) THEN
    a.amount
    END) earn_amount_rtp_curr,

Any help here would be hotness!

Thanks!

You can't nest CASE statement.

I assume i understand what you are doing...
    I would probably use a UDF because you can add decent logic to it... but if not you can do use a very intelligent case statement.
    You really only have 1 case in this situation, just a bunch of logic around it...

Hope the statement below helps

sum(
    CASE
    WHEN a.ready_to_pay_flag = 'Y' and a.deduction_type = 'E' and (((a.order_id <> b.order_id) and (datediff(d,a.transaction_date, ".$cutOffDate.") < 30)) or ((a.order_id = b.order_id) and (datediff(d,b.delivery_date, ".$cutOffDate.") < 30))) then a.amount
    else 0
    END) earn_amount_rtp_curr

Yes you can nest a CASE statement - it just needs to be done correctly. I think this is what you need:

sum(
    CASE
    WHEN a.ready_to_pay_flag = 'Y' and a.deduction_type = 'E' and
    (DATEDIFF(d, (CASE WHEN a.order_id <> b.order_id THEN a.transaction_date ELSE b.delivery_date END), ".$cutOffDate.") < 30) THEN a.amount
    END) earn_amount_rtp_curr,