Thread: how to hide a dynamic column during runtime?.. help please...

how to hide a dynamic column during runtime?.. help please...

im working on a report which shows the data based on the users input. I have used a matrix because I have no control on how many fields the users want, so practically we have a dynamic column here. My problem is that they require me to able the user to hide the columns he/she wishes to during runtime. We have a previous report that enables the user to hide it during runtime but it has static column. Any idea on how I could do it?... Thank you so much... By the way im using microsoft reporting services...

by the way im using microsoft reporting services.. we have a previous report before that hides column during runtime.. it has static column like i've said... we use report parameter... our parameter value consists of 1 and 0... example if all the columns are shown it will have a value of 11111111... and if the last column is selcted to be hidden it will have a value of 11111110... we use navigation in this so when a column is selected to be hidden, we will pass a parameter... but in dynamic column i have no idea how to pass that parameter since the columns are created during runtime because it is dependent on the query... any ideas?... thanks...

Conditional Logic in Conjunction with the Visibility Property ...

Sir:

Have you tried conditional logic in conjunction with the visibility property?

HTH.

Bill

William E. Pearson III
    CPA, CMA, CIA, MCSE, MCDBA
    Island Technologies Inc.
    931 Monroe Drive
    Suite 102-321
    Atlanta, GA 30308

404.872.5972 Office

wep3@islandtechnologies.com

Any Success with This?

Did you get anywhere with this one? Let us know if you hit any hurdles ...

Bill