Thread: Unacle to run enterprise management configuration assistant

Unacle to run enterprise management configuration assistant

Hi,
    I have installed Oracle Databse 9i 9.2.0.1.0 Enterprise edition, I have choosed General Purpose for database type. And the installation passed successfull. As I have seen this option will include enterprise management possibilities, including Console, Management Server and Intelligent Agent, but I can't start Enterprise console, I think that server should be started when I start the console. I don't know how else can I start it, or check if it's ok, maybe it could be a problem. Even I can't start Enterprise Management Configuration Assstant, so I can't configure anything. I thought that it can be started in standalone mode. I have checked if database is running well, but there is no any error in logs, I have started all necessary services: OracleOraHome92Agent, ...PagingServer, ...NMPPeerEncapsulator, ...NMPPeerMasterAgent, ...TNSListener, ...HTTPServer, and database service OracleServiceORCL is also running. The most interesting thing is that I don't get any error when I try to start configuration assistant or console, doesn't matter. When I run it it seems it will start but then start icon disapiars. I have installed this on the Windows XP prof, 256MB RAM and 2.4GHz processor. This is my first contact with oracle. So if anyone can help me how can I configure my settings to start management console I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you a lot in advance.

What does the install log show? Look under ORACLE_HOME\cfgtoollogs\emca\orcl. 10g version/path example shown below.

C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\cfgtoollogs\emca\db1 0

What is the value for your computer's jvm memory?

Hi,

my jvm memory settings are -Xms16M, -Xmx32M

I could only find the log of the whole installation, I don't have any special log only for emca.

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by maxolive; 01-02-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Can you increase the JVM heap size setting to something around 256MB?

I can't increase the initial size to more than 64M, but max size can be 256M. But I think that it's not a problem. I have found following if I am using DHCP configuration than I need to use Microsoft Loopback adapter as primary network interface, and still i'm trying to resolve it...

It works now, the problem was because I used DHCP configuration.

anyway thanks!!!