Thread: Attach .mdf file from SCSI Raid 5

Attach .mdf file from SCSI Raid 5

Hi friends,

I need your help about my problem:
    My server SCSI Raid 5 is crash with my SQL Server within, and i have recovery my data using program "Getdataback" which successfuly retrieve my .mdf and .ldf file.

I am attach my .mdf and .ldf file and get error message : "The header for file 'c:\mssql7\data\mydb_data.mdf' is not a valid database file header. The PageAudit property is incorrect."

For your information, i am using SQL Server 7.0.

I am realy need your help or info to open .mdf file without using SQL Server to get my data back.

Thanks alot

How did you attch db? You can't attch corrupted db files, and can't open .mdf file without sql server.

I attach my db using : right click > All Tasks > Attach Database..
    and using sp_attach_db in Query Analyzer.

My recovered .mdf file properties seems normal with name, size, date modified, etc. How do i know my .mdf file is corrupt?

And i have try using tricky way which i get from article "Recovering from a deleted log file on SQL Server" in http://www.spaceprogram.com/knowledg...ile-on_12.html
    but still don't get any result.

I am realy need help because the data is very important to get back. Thanks alot.

The file is corrupted if sql doesn't recognize it. Call Microsoft to see if they still support sql7.