Thread: SQL Print Command with output in 1 long line

SQL Print Command with output in 1 long line

Hi there!

I have a stored procedure in which the output will be put into a text file and will be execute using command prompt. I'm having this problem because the command i've generated into a textfile is not continous the other half has been printed on another line. Do anyone knows how will I go through my scripts so that the texts will be printed in just one line? When I execute the sp using Analyzer the output is continous but when I generate it into a text file the other half is in another line.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
    myBU
    Last edited by myBU; 11-20-2006 at 05:42 AM.

how you are executing the procedure? from OSQL or ISQL or from DTS?

If the output of the procedure produces lines with carriage return, you could still execute this using OSQL or ISQL.

SQL Print Command with output in 1 long line

Hi MAK,

Thanks for your reply. Here it goes..I've created a stored proc to be executed using OSQL and be able to save the output in a batch file. This sp contained the command that I will be executing using dos command. I need to create it using sp because it contains date that should be updated daily. I am using the windows task scheduler to execute the batch file..but the output that the sp save on the batch file is not continous it has been break in 3 lines, this is the reason of my error because when I manual execute the batch file with the continous line, it has been successful.

Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

-myBU