Thread: Missing 1 million rows during BCP PROCESS!! Urgent help

Ali Alhussein Guest

Missing 1 million rows during BCP PROCESS!! Urgent help

Hi, I used the /e in my bcp code. yet did not get all the rows from the main frame into the sql talbes... here is the case I have 11 million rows in an ftp server I use this code to bcp into sql server can anyonecheck if this code is good for the process, I am missing one million row in the bcp process and do not know why??? I put the /e to see if there is any error but could not see any error file in my hard drive?
    Please check it out and let me know

regards
    Ali

Exec master..xp_cmdshell "bcp dbname..tablename in c:ftprootNbtorder.txt /fd:ftprootformatfile ablename.fmt /Servername /Usa /Password /b250000 /a8000 /eerrfileORD"

Gregory Guest

Missing 1 million rows during BCP PROCESS!! Urgent help (reply)

1) what about /m option?
    2) what about transaction log filling up?

------------
    Ali Alhussein at 3/12/99 9:35:23 AM

Hi, I used the /e in my bcp code. yet did not get all the rows from the main frame into the sql talbes... here is the case I have 11 million rows in an ftp server I use this code to bcp into sql server can anyonecheck if this code is good for the process, I am missing one million row in the bcp process and do not know why??? I put the /e to see if there is any error but could not see any error file in my hard drive?

regards
    Ali

Exec master..xp_cmdshell "bcp dbname..tablename in c:ftprootNbtorder.txt /fd:ftprootformatfile ablename.fmt /Servername /Usa /Password /b250000 /a8000 /eerrfileORD"

David Guest

Missing 1 million rows during BCP PROCESS!! Urgent help (reply)

ALi,

maybe decrease the size of your batch /b to a much smaller number like 2500

------------
    Ali Alhussein at 3/12/99 9:35:23 AM

regards
    Ali