Thread: uninstalling SQL SP 5a

Randall Haag Guest

uninstalling SQL SP 5a

No, I'm not having any problems(yet) with servicepack 5a. However, in order to fine-tune an installation script, I need to install 5a on my test server several times.

So....how do I uninstall it? I was going from sp 3 to 5a. TIA

Kenneth Wilhelmsson Guest

uninstalling SQL SP 5a (reply)

Haven't had the time to look at 5a yet, but all previous sp's had a description in the readme for how to backout of an upgrade.
    It's been different for each sp, so read it carefully.

/Kenneth

------------
    Randall Haag at 3/11/99 3:57:09 PM

No, I'm not having any problems(yet) with servicepack 5a. However, in order to fine-tune an installation script, I need to install 5a on my test server several times.

Randall Haag Guest

uninstalling SQL SP 5a (reply)

Thanks for your reply. I've read the readme to the point that I'm getting cross-eyed, yet I still don't see specific uninstall instructions.

Other feedback I'm getting suggests copying all the exe's and dll's from the older service pack(after backups and shutting off sqlserver, of course).

------------
    Kenneth Wilhelmsson at 3/12/99 2:42:43 AM

Haven't had the time to look at 5a yet, but all previous sp's had a description in the readme for how to backout of an upgrade.
    It's been different for each sp, so read it carefully.

/Kenneth

------------
    Randall Haag at 3/11/99 3:57:09 PM