Thread: form with no database window

form with no database window

I am hoping someone here might be able to help me with this. A while back I downloaded an access files but can’t remember from where nor can I find it on my hard drive.
    When you opened this access database the menu form would open. It wasn’t full screen, it was
    a rectangular form that was centered in the screen.
    I’m not sure of the size but it filled maybe 30% of the screen.
    What I want to figure out here, is how they managed to completely remove the entire database window.
    All you saw was the form (which was a menu) and all selections were pop-ups.
    You couldn’t even tell it was an Access Database, it looked like a Visual Basic program.
    Any idea how this was down?

Hi, under the tools menu i believe is the startup option. if you select that then you can choose which form opens when you open the database. under the form select box you can uncheck the box "show database window", which will prevent the database window opening at startup.

There are other options too, you can have a fiddle round with them though.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU MAKE A COPY OF YOUR DATABASE, AS CHANGING SOME OF THE STARTUP OTIONS CAN PREVENT YOU FROM EDITING AND CHANGING YOUR DATABASE AGAIN.

BACK IT UP!!!!!!!!

jared james

Jared got you started, but there are a few more things you will need.
    1. Be sure that the form that is opened when the database opens is set to PopUp = True. Then, to finish what you are asking for, you will need a shortcut to open this database. Be sure that the shortcut refers to MSACCESS.EXE and the path where your Access program is found, and then the path and name of the database too. Within this shortcut, there is a combo box that needs the "Minimized" option selected.
    I just learned this process about two months ago and I have really enjoyed this ability for some of my own utilities. It works very well.
    Good luck.
    Vic