Thread: Why does secure logon dialog come up for un-secured db?

Why does secure logon dialog come up for un-secured db?

Hello,

I have an Access db that recently gave me the "Table 'MSysAccessObjects' Already Exists" error message when I ran the compact and repair database utility. I unsecured the db as described in Access 2002 Enterprise Developer's Handbook. I then opened a fresh .mdb file and imported all the objects from the corrupted db into the fresh db. Then I went through the security wizard process in the fresh db and set up my users, groups and passwords just like I've done a bunch of times. However, now - when I try to open a different database that was never secured - it is presenting me with the security logon dialog, but it won't accept the password. And, if I create a new Access file in the same folder, I can't open it either because it gives me the security logon dialog, but won't accept the password even though it doesn't have any objects in it and hasn't been secured. It's like all of a sudden any Access database I create wants to point to a phantom .mdw file or something. I'm on a Citrix MetaFrame XP network, if that makes any difference. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks,

Jeff.

You might have created a password for the default admin account. Therefore do the following:
    1. Click Tools --> Users and Group Accounts
    2. Select Admin user account
    3. Click Clear Password and OK
    That's All.

Thanks Boster. The problem is - if I create a new blank database on my local hard drive, drop it into a network folder, switch to Citrix and try to open the database, it pops up the security logon dialog as if it were a secured database. But, it won't accept any of the username/password combinations I've used in any of the databases I've built. If I then go to a co-worker's machine, the database opens no problem on Citrix. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff.