Thread: drop table

drop table

Hi All,

I am trying to drop a table but I am getting the following error:

ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

This is the command:

drop table cases-1;

I suspect that the reason I am getting this error is because of the "-" in the table name.

How can I get around it?

Thanks.

Please disregard my question. I was able to figure it out.

Thanks.

replyfor u from sunny

hi friend this is sunny
    what is urs table name is that cases-1
    secondly i cant show u the exact problem but i can tell u that

the syntax is

drop table <tablename>;

where <tablename> in place of it u have to give the orginal table name and urs query will be sorted pls i would like to tell that u should keep the name as casese1 or case1 or selection1 such kind of the name without highphen or any dot as the table name because it would became an easy job for u!!! anyways any more query about oracle then u can send me a mail anytime at sunny_oberai@hotmail.com and or u can call me at 9833991810 what about urs email id and phone no are u aware of the sql server pls reply me bye take care

Arrow hi this is reply

hi friend this is sunny

the syntax is

drop table <tablename>;

where <tablename> in place of it u have to give the orginal table name and urs query will be sorted pls i would like to tell that u should keep the name as casese1 or case1 or selection1 such kind of the name without highphen or any dot as the table name because it would became an easy job for u!!! anyways any more query about oracle then u can send me a mail anytime at sunny_oberai@hotmail.com and or u can call me at 9833991810 what about urs email id and phone no are u aware of the sql server pls reply me

hi friend this is sunny

the syntax is

drop table <tablename>;

where <tablename> in place of it u have to give the orginal table name and urs query will be sorted pls i would like to tell that u should keep the name as casese1 or case1 or selection1 such kind of the name without highphen or any dot as the table name because it would became an easy job for u!!! anyways any more query about oracle then u can send me a mail anytime at sunny_oberai@hotmail.com and or u can call me at 9833991810 what about urs email id and phone no are u aware of the sql server pls reply me