Thread: No SQL objects in Perfmon

David Bobko Guest

No SQL objects in Perfmon

I am not showing any sql objects when trying to monitor my sql server through perfmon. This is the situation when running NT perfmon or SQL perfmon locally on the server or from a workstation through the network. I have found some tech net articles but they all say that the ojects should exist locally on the server. Any ideas?

Thanks David

Jim Robinson Guest

No SQL objects in Perfmon (reply)

We have seen exactly the same problem running SQL 6.5 EE on MS Cluster Server. It appears the reg values for the virtual SQL Server is missing the performance key and values

eg HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetMSSQLServer$ClusterPerf ormance

although the reg key for the node is correct. Have had some success adding the performance key under MSSQLServer$Cluster. I also had to remove the performance key under MSSQLServer, otherwise you end up with 2 of each object in perfmon. Still waiting for MS to confirm the work around/fix for this.

What Revision are you using, SP's , Clustering etc

Let me know if you need the key and values and I can export and forward this to you.

Thanks
    Jim Robinson

------------
    David Bobko at 3/17/99 9:20:33 AM

I am not showing any sql objects when trying to monitor my sql server through perfmon. This is the situation when running NT perfmon or SQL perfmon locally on the server or from a workstation through the network. I have found some tech net articles but they all say that the ojects should exist locally on the server. Any ideas?

Thanks David