Thread: Oracle Workshops?

Question Oracle Workshops?

A couple of weeks ago Steve Callan posted an intersting topic for Junior DBAs:

'August 3, 2006. Interview Tips for Aspiring Junior DBAs. By Steve Callan'

I found this information very usefull and have searched and found some articles about the OCA certification and i am going to follow through.
    However prior to take the exam i thought it would be nice to have some hands on experience with oracle to be prepaired for the exam. My question and idea was for people who know of (free) Oracle workshops over the internet and posting the links here. I thought this might be helpfull to a lot of people. Any ideas??

One of your best bets is to find an academic course's syllabus posted on the Internet, and use the material there. It may mean having to buy one or more books, and with a little discipline, you can grind through all of the end of chapter review/lab questions.

(Not a shameless plug here, I have no affiliation with them)
    You can try some of the Course Technology books from Prometric (or Thompson, publisher name depends on which branch of the company is producing it). Here is a link to one of the books:
    http://www.course.com/catalog/produc...=1-4188-3665-6

Lots of Web sites have freebie tutorials, and you can also look around some of the user group sites.

Buyer beware for free training: most of the material is entry level, mainly because it is easier to produce/write and requires less overhead (i.e., most of them are based on SQL*Plus).

Many schools have academic initiatives with major vendors, so taking a few courses at a community college will most certainly be cheaper than any program by an independent vendor. You can also pony up money for Oracle's iLearning library access.