Thread: Problem in SQL Query writting for Cube Metadata

Angry Problem in SQL Query writting for Cube Metadata

Hi Friends,
    I am trying to write SQL statement for getting information about Cube metadata.
    When we create any table in MSSQL server, we can trace out its information from system tables in master database by querying tables like sysobjects, syscolumns etc.
    Like that I have created a cube using MS Analysis services and I can see Metadata (like Creation Date, Processed on etc) on 'Metadata' tab of cube. But I want to access its contents by writting SQL statement. For this I could not locate any system level table where this information gets stored.
    Could any one help me for writting htis system table level query for accessing metadata info of cube?

Thanks in advance.
    Avadhoot

Can't do that with t-sql since cube is not stored in sql server.

MDX Expression

Good morning,
    I have a doubt about the Sum function. I am working with a table called "Proceed". In this table, I have many fields, but I am interested in two: "Trip No." and "Amount".
    I have a measure that sums all the "Amount" in Navision (because I generate the cube with navision business analytics). And in analysis services manager, I need to create a MDX expression depending on the value of "Trip No.". If that value is not null or not ", the amount of that record will be added to a calculated measure called "trip amount". And if the value of “Trip No.” is null or ", the amount of that record will be added to a calculated measure called "order amount". Can you help me in creating that MDX expression. Thanks a lot!!!

server mechanic check it out. it might get you some answers