Thread: HELP ? Good books to read !!

Mike Givens Guest

HELP ? Good books to read !!

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I performed a search on the archives and didn't find anything !

I have just been turned over a SQL 6.5 SP3 / NT 4.0 SP3 server that has several SQL errors in the event log. I need to find a good book to read/scan, so I can get up to speed on SQL.

Thanks,

Mike Givens MCSE
    mikeg@iowa.com

Kenneth Wilhelmsson Guest

HELP ? Good books to read !! (reply)

Hi Mike.

Your first resource would be Books on Line.

Aside from that, there are a number of good books listed in the SQL Serer FAQ here at swynk

/Kenneth

------------
    Mike Givens at 3/16/99 3:24:35 PM

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I performed a search on the archives and didn't find anything !

I have just been turned over a SQL 6.5 SP3 / NT 4.0 SP3 server that has several SQL errors in the event log. I need to find a good book to read/scan, so I can get up to speed on SQL.

Thanks,

Mike Givens MCSE
    mikeg@iowa.com

Paul Nockolds Guest

HELP ? Good books to read !! (reply)

Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 DBA Survival Guide by Mark Spenik and Orryn Sledge and published by SAMS.
    This has saved me several times.
    Also if you are using VB as well then The Hitchhiker's guide makes good reading. By Vaughn. Microsoft publishing.
    There is also SP4 available for both products.

------------
    Mike Givens at 3/16/99 3:24:35 PM

Thanks,

Mike Givens MCSE
    mikeg@iowa.com