Thread: SQL Server 2000 DTS package Execution issue

SQL Server 2000 DTS package Execution issue

Hi

I have a DTS package that instantiates a JAVA object and completes a HTTP post. This package works fine when I run on Windows XP however now I have moved from my development environment to test on a Windows 2003 environment I am getting the following error.

DTSRun: Loading...

DTSRun: Executing...

DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1

DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1

DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1

DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1, Error = -2147220482 (800403FE)

Error string: ActiveX Scripting encountered a Run Time Error during the execution of the script.

Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package

Help file: sqldts80.hlp

Help context: 4500

Error Detail Records:

Error: -2147220482 (800403FE); Provider Error: 0 (0)

Error string: ActiveX Scripting encountered a Run Time Error during the execution of the script.

Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package

Help file: sqldts80.hlp

Help context: 4500

DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1

DTSRun: Package execution complete.

NULL

I have read here http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q298725 that this is likely a permission problem with creating the JAVA object either because my COM security permissions are not correct or DTS is not in the registry. However I have verified my COM security is correct and run the DTS dlls into the registry and I am still getting this error. Also note that the version of JRE on the machine that is not working on is later than that on the machine where it is working.

Does anyone know another reason for this error on Win Server 2003? How do I use the Help file: sqldts80.hlp
    and associated Help context: 4500 message to research my issue?

Many thanks

T.

The issue was that Windows 2003 does not have the Microsoft JVM installed as default once its installed it works. However microsoft are desupporting the Microsoft JVM end of 2007.