Thread: Perf Mon

Peter Cwik Guest

Perf Mon

On an installation of sql 6.5, when I go to performance monitor, there are no sql counters. What gives? How can this be fixed,and do I have to reinstall,(wipeout data) to do it?

Greg Guest

Perf Mon (reply)

1.did u goto 'Admistrative Tools' programs folder --> 'Performance monitor'?
    or
    'Microsoft SQL Server 6.5' programs folder --> 'SQL Performance monitor'?

2. if u're using 'SQL Performance monitor', and when you're trying to add counters to monitor, you don't see any??

------------
    Peter Cwik at 3/15/99 3:47:55 PM

On an installation of sql 6.5, when I go to performance monitor, there are no sql counters. What gives? How can this be fixed,and do I have to reinstall,(wipeout data) to do it?

Perf Mon (reply)

I have tried both ways. When using admin tools perf mon, there are no sql counters. When using sql perf mon everything is flat line(and shouldn't be) and I can't add any as there are none from the pick list.

------------
    Greg at 3/15/99 4:54:58 PM

1.did u goto 'Admistrative Tools' programs folder --> 'Performance monitor'?
    or
    'Microsoft SQL Server 6.5' programs folder --> 'SQL Performance monitor'?

2. if u're using 'SQL Performance monitor', and when you're trying to add counters to monitor, you don't see any??

------------
    Peter Cwik at 3/15/99 3:47:55 PM