Thread: not able to connect oracle form builder

not able to connect oracle form builder

I am able to connect to the oracle database but i am not able to connect to the oracle 10g form builder which uses the same username and password. Can anyone plase let me know if anything has to be done in net-configuration assistant

No, you don't have to use Net Configuration Assistant. All you need to do is point Developer Suite to the same set of configuration files you use for SQL*Plus.

http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...le.php/3108301

One huge misconception about using Oracle products that occurs among other-than-RDBMS users (novice Forms developers in particular) has to do with the proper configuration of the non-RDBMS Oracle product. This is probably the number one problem or misconception you can easily find on numerous web sites: "I can connect to my database when using SQL*Plus. I just installed Forms & Reports and my forms can't connect to the database. What gives?"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by sgsapna
    I am able to connect to the oracle database but i am not able to connect to the oracle 10g form builder which uses the same username and password. Can anyone plase let me know if anything has to be done in net-configuration assistant
    ans
    just try that
    copy the tnsnames.ora file from orc 10g folder on os
    and find tnsnames.ora in form folder on os (where the form installed ) replace it .
    just try it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by orasantosh
    ans
    just try that
    copy the tnsnames.ora file from orc 10g folder on os
    and find tnsnames.ora in form folder on os (where the form installed ) replace it .
    just try it will work.

I was having the same problem, don't read the article....just do as orasantosh said above. It works like a charm. The database field by default should be orcl. The user and password...well you should know those.

Quote Originally Posted by danceuport
    I was having the same problem, don't read the article....just do as orasantosh said above. It works like a charm. The database field by default should be orcl. The user and password...well you should know those.

Which is what I said over 16 months ago:
    All you need to do is point Developer Suite to the same set of configuration files you use for SQL*Plus.

oracle forms 9i/10g connecting SQL Server

Could anyone please guide me in detail to connect Oracle Forms 9i/10g with MS SQL Server database?

Also how do we connect with other databases like SQL Server, MS Access, and so on?

Thanks in advance.

common tnsnames.ora problem

Sounds like the tnsnames.ora file is missing from the folder or path