I opened my big mouth - telling my boss that we need to take this daily excel spreadsheet feed and import it into MS Access to run anaylsis on.

Now he wants all kinds of stuff done, but I'm can only do simple query - I'm not capable of doing much else.

For example: He now wants to import the data that he previous didn't care to have. Table 1 (our main database) and Table 2 (imported data). I have a primary key that matches in both tables. I want to query Table 2 again Table 1 to find differences and then write those differences to Table 1 or to a third table (Table 3). I've tried every join under the sun I think. What am I doing wrong? Table 1 has some fields that we track that are not in Table 2. Plus I filter Table 2 to exclude records I don't want. I know it has to be an update query but the joins only show the records that are alike. I how to show the records that have specific fields that don't match. Field10 in Table1 is blank and Table2 Field13 contains data for Field10 in Table1.

How do I accomplish that. I have MS Access 2003.