Thread: Reading from Access for novice

Reading from Access for novice

Hi,

I have a table in MS Access that contains football game results, including the players playing in the game. A new row is created for each game and the name of each player, sub and goalscorer/s is entered in each field of 1-11, subs1-3 and goals.

What I am struggling to work out is how to create a table on the site that will contain all of the players names that have appeared, add up how any games they have played in, how many times thay have been a sub and how many each has scored and return tham as a number.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

It sounds like you have 14 individual fields in your record so you can hold the names of the 11 players and up to 3 substitute players per game played. Is that right?
    If that is right, then there needs to be some redesign to your table(s). You need to look up "Normalize a database" on the web, or find a good book (I sorry but I don't have any suggestions there) so you can learn how to normalize a database.
    After reading up on normalization, if you have more questions, come back and ask them.