Thread: Can renaming of user account on AD cause this?

Can renaming of user account on AD cause this?

Hi,

My original account on the AD (Active Directory) was Usr129 and at that time I had installed MSDE on my local box - due to which my "local MSSQLServer" was also called Usr129.

Sometime back our LAN administrator renamed the accounts of all users. My new account on the AD (after this renaming) became GBUsr1177. Untill recently, my "local MSSQLServer" also appeared to have easily go through this renaming activity and thus my local installation became GBUsr1177.

Recently I started to have performance problem (on everything that I do on my local SQL installation via Enterprise manager) and I have this "feeling" that probably at the bacground it is still searching for the old SQL installation???

Can someone please guide me regarding how to get out of this (without re-installating everything).

What do you mean 'local MSSQLServer'? Sql instance or machine that runs your sql instance?

sorry for not being clear. By local MSSQLServer I meant the MSDE SP3 installation on my pc.

What's your pc name? Same as your login account? You can't rename sql named instance, so don't know what do you mean 'thus my local installation became GBUsr1177'.