Thread: Odd (slow behaviour of SQL)

Odd (slow behaviour of SQL)

Hi,

I am using MSDE and Analysis Services (lastest packs) and the same installation on the same machine has been working great for the last 18 months or so untill yesterday. Whenever I try to open a DTS (in order to edit it) the machine just goes into a coma.... I have tried to re-start many times but of no use.

Can someone kindly guide me what should I look for in order to solve this.

I will be very grateful for your help.

right click on the DTS package and delete all the old versions from the DTS packages that are not needed and try again.

check widows application event log on the machine.

Thanks for the reply MAK. I followed your suggestion and it seems to have improved things slightly. So many thanks for that.

If possible, can you kindly recommend some additional tweaks that I can apply to further imporve the overall performance of my SQL installation?

Many thanks.

MSDE has performance limit, it'll slow down if has more than 8 concurrent active connections.

Hi every one , i am new to this forum. Please provide some practical reading material for oracle 9i and oracle htmldb. i will really appriciate your replies.
    regards
    Adnan

You should post it in Oracle forum in this board.

Quote Originally Posted by rmiao
    MSDE has performance limit, it'll slow down if has more than 8 concurrent active connections.
    thanks for the replies everyone.

rmiao: Can you kindly advise how to check the # of active connections and how to "solve" such a situation.

Any additional tips regarding the performance will also be very much appreciated.

You should post it in Oracle forum in this board.
    Hi every one , i am new to this forum. Please provide some practical reading material for oracle 9i and oracle htmldb. i will really appriciate your replies.
    regards
    Adnan

joozh, you can use 'sp_who2 active' to check active connections. And the limitation is by design, go to full version of sql if you need more than 8 concurrent active connections.

adnan, check Oracle's web site for Oracle docs.

joozh, you can use 'sp_who2 active' to check active connections. And the limitation is by design, go to full version of sql if you need more than 8 concurrent active connections.
    A kinder-garden question : from where and how do I execute 'sp_who2 active' (which i think is a stored procedure??)

adnan, check Oracle's web site for Oracle docs.
    Hi again . Can any one provide me the source of small applications build on Oracle forms and reports and backend database Oracle. so that i can check the coding.

Run sp_who2 in query analyzer.

Run sp_who2 in query analyzer.
    Attached is a snapshot of executing sp_who2.
    My apologies (for the couple of blanking outs due to legal limitations).

Does this provide you with any clue? I hope it does...

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I only see one active connection, so shouldn't connection limit issue. By the way, processes with spid <= 50 are system process, don't include them in active connection count.