Thread: Grouping or SUM of numbers

Grouping or SUM of numbers

Hi All,

After working out the basics and getting a report to give me back rows based upon a dropdown list, i know want to ask how do i show the sum of values for a customer.

So the out put would look something like this

Customer Total
    0001 12234.56
    0002 232.98
    0003 456.78

I have two tables "customer" and "trades" i all ready have them linked and giving me all the individual items, oh and i have got it doing BETWEEN to dates, but i would really like to know how to show just the TOTAL trades for each cutomer on each line not every single trade for the customer.

Many thanks for any help with this

Dave C

Dave,

you need to use a table on your report. Probably the easiest way into using tables is to create a report using the report wizard and then adapt it from that. Once you have it in your head then you can drop them onto a report from your toolbox and sort it from there.

Once you have the table then you just need grouping on your customer column and then a sum(total.value) in the group footer. You can hide the detail for keeps or you can set the table properties so that when the customer name is clicked the detail visibility is toggled...

FatherJack