Thread: help me please

help me please

i'm a french student in internship in a cambridge's lab. we are developping a software named lifetrack. i have buid a setup with a sql server database and another one with access database. so now i want to run lifetrack with oracle database. just run (no need to buid a package now). so what could u consider me to do? computer already have oracle. how can i generate the database?do you know if there is any tools to do that? and where can i find more information. thank u for ur help

i'm a french student in internship in a cambridge's lab. we are developping a software named lifetrack. i have buid a setup with a sql server database and another one with access database. so now i want to run lifetrack with oracle database. just run (no need to buid a package now). so what could u consider me to do? computer already have oracle. how can i generate the database?do you know if there is any tools to do that? and where can i find more information. thank u for ur help

Use Export Wizard of SQL Server

Try using SQL Server export wizard to export tables/views

For procedures/functions you have to do some fight..but it can be done ...

do you know where can find sql*plus to download it? thx

SQL PLus comes free with Oracle!!

SQL * PLus is tool that comes with Oracle cleint edition.
    if you have installled Oracle cleint or server on machine it comes automatically

Or you can try free trial version of TOAD to get connected to Oracle ..But iagain it requires the Oracle client/server set up on machine from where you are connecting

how can create a database from splplus

ok thx i saw sql plus. so now im tring to generate a daatabase from there. when i type something i just receive "2" as response so what does mean? where can i see what i've created? thx

i didnt get ur error message just try to creata tables in opne of users
    of oracle

i didnt get ur error message just try to creata tables in one of users
    of oracle