Thread: Rolling back the Database Change

Rolling back the Database Change

Hi,

Lets say I have two Database Servers, Server1 and Server2

My goal was to import database from Server2 to Server1. Instead I did the opposite. I imported data from Server1 to Server2. (I did a silly mistake which specifying in the Data Source and Destination Wizard Windows in using the Import Data option in Enterprise Manager)

Now is there any way to bring my Server2 back to its original state? Hope someone there will be able to help me with this.

I am using MS SQL Server 2000
    Thanks in advance.

Robert

You have few choices.

a. If you had taken a full backup before import or take regular tranlog backups you could restore the full backup and all the tranlog backup until the time of the import.

b. if you tables have date time column that records the timestamp whenever there is an insert, then you could delete all the rows for that particular date and time range.

c. Buy log explorer and you could trace back all the transaction in the form of sql statements. You can undo those if you remember the time when you imported the data.

If you chose transfer db objects and droped existing ones, only way to recover is restoring from good backup.

Thanks MAK and rmiao, very much

I will try the options.