Thread: couldn't backup through EM

couldn't backup through EM

I've installed Oracle9i database and created RMAN catalog and made backup through command line without any problem. Then I've Installed EM and tryid to backup through EM GUI. Job faild. I tryed do backup few times but the job faild again. Why?

Failed with no error message(s)?

Problem in backing up through EM GUI

I had the same problem. The error message is VNI-2015. It has something to do with preferred credentials and logon as a batch job. I created an OS user with logon as batch job privilege. I created the same user in target database with sysdba privilege and super administrator in EMS. The backup job still failed. What could be the problem?

I have the same problem, with the following error:
    "VNI-2015 : The Node preferred credentials for the target node are either invalid or do not have sufficient privileges to complete the operation.
    On Windows platforms, the Node credentials specified for the Windows target should have the "Logon as a batch job" privilege."

Is there any solution?

Google: Log on as batch job, then try one of the more than 7 million hits for that. Shortcut: user rights assignments in gpedit.msc.