Thread: MySQL and PHP

MySQL and PHP

I am attempting to run phpWebsite on a WindowsXP box runinng Apache/2.0.55 (Win32), PHP/4.4.1 Server and MySql 5.0.16. I am able to connect to the database through the command line but I cannot access the database throuh php. I was originally running PHP 5.1, but due to its in compatibility with phpWebsite I had to revert back. I was able to connect with the previos PHP.

To debug the problem I followed the instructions here. http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...le.php/1469211 to make a database and php script to connect. I am unable to connect with this script also. I have reveiwed my php.ini setting and am still at a loss. I can post information as required from php.ini or other setting as needed. I can also post phpinfo results if you would like.

EDIT: I was able to run another script that included output for error handling. Maybe this could shed some light on my problems. The sqltest.txt below contains the script I ran. This is the output when run:

Could not connect: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

What steps can I take to try and debug / resolve my connectivity problems?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Crewdawg257; 11-27-2005 at 01:59 PM.

I ran these from the command line and it fixed my problems o.0:

mysql>UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('mysql')
    ->WHERE Host = 'localhost' AND User = 'root';

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

I had attempted this but had little luck as I was consistantly making a syntax error. >.<