Thread: Drill Down in Excel -- I know what Drill through is!!

Drill Down in Excel -- I know what Drill through is!!

Can anyone help me with this?

This is my problem:

I have a cube that I created in AS2005, I have a hierarchy and drillthrough action defined. When I create a pivot table in Excel based on that cube and I try to drill down on the cell in the pivot table I can not drill down to the next level. I get an error message: Cannot show or hide detail for
    this selection. My hierarchy is based on Dimension Facility. Facility State is root level, facility zip is next level. When I'm in AS2005 and browse the cube, I'm able to drill down and drill through and see the hierarchy just fine. (Also, I find interesting that when I create a cube in excel, based on a two relational tables, I'm able to drill down. ) I have the Analsysis Services Add-on installed on my machine, so I have the Cube Analysis Menu item. But I can't seem to even drill-through. So, for now all I want to know is why can't I drill-down (i.e. double clicking on a cell and having the data related "explode" in the spread sheet) like it shows in the article written by William Pearson, titled September 12, 2005
    Introduction to MSSQL Server Analysis Services: Reporting Options for Analysis Services Cubes: MS Excel 2003 and More. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Queen

A Modest Proposal ...

This is really confusing - and I found it cross-posted in yet another Drillthrough question ... let's try to resolve it efficiently ... send me the cube (the .cab file) and the spreadsheet that are giving you the problem drilling DOWN. I will investigate and render my findings as soon as practical.

Deal?

Thanks.

Bill

Found solution

No need, I figuered out the problem. Thanks anyway!

Excellent. Very happy to hear of your success(es).