Thread: getting chart by passing parameters

Arrow getting chart by passing parameters

Hi
    I created a report based on category,time and stores as report parameters.The datasets are created by using mdx queries and the provider I selected is olap services.I would like to add a bar chart in the layout and the resultant chart should be based on the selected parameters.I am not able to get this.First of all is it possible? If so, what should I do in the chart properties?

Regards
    Ranjit

Are you saying you want the chart to use the same params as the "report?" What is the primary data region (table, matrix, etc.) in the report before you add the bar chart?

What I'm getting at is, do you simply want to pass the same params to the chart that are being passed to the primary region? Or are you trying to make the appearance itself of the chart dependent upon a parameter?

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill
    Thanks for your response.
    In that report, i want the chart to use the same params as the "report" i.e. same params to the chart that are being passed to the primary region. The primary region is a table and the end viewer can select the parameters according to his choice. The final result should be a report (primary region) as well as a chart, based on the selected parameters.

Thanks
    Ranjit