Thread: *Upload pictures to my site*

Question *Upload pictures to my site*

What is the simplest route to provide my clients with a way to upload pictures to my web server from an ASP page?

Upload standard jpg, gif etc.. are simple... upload video files are difficult. You have to write raw code if you are nut using a library like ASP-db (this product forum). There are many examples in these kind of raw code. Search around an dyou'll find them. When you use powerful licrary like ASP-db, you can code your business case and not the technicals.

Fk

Hi Frank,

I've downloaded the evaluation version of ASP-db and in the readme section they say that i must have MDAC and VB6-SP3 installed, i have the latest MDAC version and also VB6-SP6 installed. The also say that i must register the ASPdb-VVVV-MMDD.DLL in the DLL directory but i only see a EVAL.dll in the DLL directory. When i go to the default.asp page and click on the links they have there to see examples, nothing happens.
    I really thought that it would just be a simple piece of code that you put on your page and it works since i only want to upload standard jpg and gif images.

seems ,if eyou are ralkingabout the classic eval?? I suggestyou try the dotnet version. For the classic eval.... rename the dll to aspdb.dll.

Another better one is coming .. if interested to beta that, please send me a private email (fk@aspdb.com) and I'll point you to the link.

FK