Newbie here, but then you will see that shortly.

I am having difficulty writing a stored procedure joining 3 or more tables. The technologies I am using are asp.net and sql.

We have a main data table with our ID keys, (ex: siteID, locationID) then numerous look up tables(tbleSite, tblLocation)
with the descriptions corresponding to the ID subjects with and ID key. (Ex: tblSite has siteID and siteDesc)

The first join works, but after that I get an Out of Range error on my aspx page for the column stated on the second join in the locations table.(WorkOriginText)

So, it's like it cannot find it's way back to the main table to proceed to the second join.

This process has to repeat itself a number of times, as we grab the ID from the main table then go to another table to grab the ID's description. They all refer back to the main table.

I'm not sure what to do.

CREATE PROCEDURE proc_ReportAppEvent

(
@StartDate datetime,
@EndDate datetime
)

AS

SET NOCOUNT ON

SELECT
tblDD1532.ApplicationEventDate,
tblSiteOfApplication.SiteOfApplication from tblSiteOfApplication Inner Join tblMainData On tblSiteofApplication.SiteOfApplication_ID = tblMainData.SiteOfApplication_ID
--up to here works.

--here's where I start the second join
Select
tblWorkOrigin.WorkOriginText from tblWorkOrigin Inner Join tblMainData On tblWorkOrigin.WorkOrigin_ID = tblMainData.WorkOrigin_ID

Where (tblDD1532.ApplicationEventDate Between @StartDate AND @EndDate)
ORDER BY tblDD1532.ApplicationEventDate

Set NOCOUNT OFF
GO

THANKS!