Thread: Exporting to Excel is not Working!

Exporting to Excel is not Working!

Hi Everyone!

I wonder why exporitng the reports to Excel stopped working, any clue? All the other exporting formats work fine! But, when I try exporting to Excel it spits out a lot of text somthing like following:

MIME-Version: 1.0
    X-Document-Type: Workbook
    Content-Type: multipart/related;boundary="----=_NextPart_01C35DB7.4B204430"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_01C35DB7.4B204430
    Content-Type: text/html;
    charset="utf-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    Content-Location: file:///c:/Report.htm

77u/PGh0bWwgeG1sbnM6dj0idXJuOnNjaGVtYXMtbWljcm9zb2Z0LW NvbTp2bWwiIHhtbG5zOm89InVybjpzY2hlbWFzLW1pY3Jvc29m dC1jb206b2ZmaWNlOm9mZmljZSIgeG1sbnM6eD0idXJuOnNjaG VtYXMtbWljcm9zb2Z0LWNvbTpvZmZpY2U6ZXhjZWwiIHhtbG5z PSJodHRwOi8vIHd3dy53My5vcmcvVFIvUkVDLWh0bWw0MCI+Cj xoZ

Thanks.

Mahfooz

If you are using versioning control I would walk your code back until the Excel export works again then you will be able to narrow down what happened to the code if it is indeed the code... if it is an update that occurred walk back your windows machine a step at a time until the export works again.

Hope this helps,

Larry Darrah
    MS AE

Try the Previous Suggestion - And Get Back with Results

Try the previous suggestion, and then get back to us with the result. If you hit upon the problem, get us a status so as to perhaps assist others with the same problem.

If the previous suggestion does not work, let us know that, too, and we'll try to offer further suggestions ... after asking for a few more specifics, perhaps.

Good Luck.

Bill

Maybe you can try RAQ Report to solve your problem. With it, you can export report to Excel by clicking your mouse easily.

Issues Resolution ...

Did You Manage to Get the Issues Resolved? Let us know, if not, including whether you tried the suggestion given.

Thanks!

Bill