Thread: outlook 2003

outlook 2003

How can I get data from sql server database table called contacts and export data to Outlook 2003 public folders?

Try bcp data to text file then try load the file into outlook.

Thank you so much for replying, what is bcp data and how to do that? I have no idea. I am trying to export Contact table from sql server database to Outlook 2003.

Don't think sql can copy data to outlook directly. Bcp is sql utility to import/export data between sql table and text file, similar as dts in sql. You can find detailes in sql books online.

I am still working on this and I have searched for bcp, but in this example I didn't understand snytax that much, would you help me explain if you know

bcp "SELECT au_fname, au_lname FROM pubs..authors ORDER BY au_lname" queryout Authors.txt -c -Sservername -Usa -Ppassword

when I run this in query analyzer, of course it doesn't understand queryout Authors.txt -c -Sservername -Usa -Ppassword this part. Do I need to create author.txt somewhere, what I need to do?

You should run bcp in dos prompt.

I did run this in query analyzer and saved the result to my c drive. Then I opened outlook and file/export import files and choose import from another program or files, Next Tab separeted values(windows) NExt I choose my txt file from my c drive, and it shows destination part Import C/authors.txt to contacts , but cannot hit next after that, it is gray out. I actually need to import this to not even contacts, to the public folders, but it is not even let me import to my contacts, that should be easiast.

Thanks for advice!!!

You may need post the issue in outlook forum somewhere.

what do you mean?

All i need to do double click on Import C/authors.txt to contacts and drag this according to to contact. Then it lets you go throght with finish..

Genius Connect

Quote Originally Posted by ozlemsi12
    How can I get data from sql server database table called contacts and export data to Outlook 2003 public folders?
    This can help:
    http://www.geniusconnect.com/geniusconnect.asp