Thread: How to delete the records in the table

Question How to delete the records in the table

Urgent!!
    Hi there. I use MS SQL server. I would like to separate the data from one table to two tables refer to two reference tables and the following conditions:

Let say these two reference tables are called:
    Table A & Table B

Group A:
    1. Same date in Table A & Table B
    2. Same ID in Table A & Table B (ID is not unique)
    3. Same name in Table A & Table B (Name is not unique)

Combine all of these three conditions for unique identifier.

I used the following SQL code to separate the required data that match the above conditions to the new table.
    (Code)
    select a.Project, a.Site, a.S_number, a.Field_ID, a.Method, a.Analyte, a.Result, a.Units,
    a.Qualifier, a.Dilution_Factor, a.Reporting_limit, a.Recovery_, a.Matrix, a.CAS_Number, a.Sample_Date,
    a.Received_Date, a.Prep_Date, a.Analysis_Date, a.Batch_ID, a.Data_Package_num_SDG, a.Lab_Sample_ID,
    a.Lab into APPL_union_exist from APPL_union_update a, Before_01012004_report b
    where a.Field_ID = b.[Field Sample] and a.Sample_Date = b.Collected and a.Analyte = b.Analyte

However, I don't know how to delete the data that copied to the new table in original table, or separate that to the new table. Wish someone can help me. Thanks a lot

if you already moved the data to a new table either you can do ALTER table DROP column or update all the columns that your moved to NULL