Thread: installing mysql on an IIS server

installing mysql on an IIS server

I'm trying to install mysql on my IIS server and am a complete newbie, any help?

First, read in the install instructions how to install MySQL as a service (it's a switch on the myslqd command). It's been 2 years since I last did this, so I can't remember the exact syntax.

Second, if you want to connect to ASP or .NET, get the MySQL ODBC connector. Just google it to find out where to get it. After you do that, and figure out your connection strings if using the ODBC connector, it's pretty much it. It just runs. If you want a front-end for MySQL, get the MySQL control panel, or phpMySql if you run a php server. Both of these are open source and can be found on the net, and work a treat.

If you run into any problems, let us know.

I think I got it, I installed mysql
    using the dos prompt, I find c:\mysql\bin
    when I type mysql (to start it) I get a welcome to mysql monitor....
    when I try to use mysql I get an error that tells me
    access denied for user 'localhost' to database 'mysql'
    Im lost???

I'm going to install mysql all over again (I think I mucked it up). I'm trying to install it and I keep getting an error (I think tthis is because a mysql folder exists in c:\, so I deleted it (or am trying). For some reason I cant delete some of the files (3). Dol I need to get rid of the mysql directory to install mysql all over again? Do you know why Im getting an error?
    Thanks (see atachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lukeurtnowski; 07-14-2005 at 07:17 PM.