Thread: Using Perl with Mysql

Using Perl with Mysql

I have heard that if you want a view with mysql, perl is one iof the best applications to use. I want to make a user interface with perl that will prompt the user to enter values and then those values will be stored into the database. I'm just started to learn how to use perl, can anyone give me a little help with writing the code? Thanks!

Where'd you hear that? PERL has changed a lot since I used it, but PHP is more suited for MySQL, in my opinion.

Regardless of which language you use, I suggest starting off by learning the basics rather than jumping right into trying to actually create something with it.

If you are on Unix or Linux - Perl is the way to go.

There are many free scripts out there that you can download and adapt for your purposes.

http://www.scriptsearch.com/details/4609.html

MySQLMan is a web-based database manager. It allows you to perform common maintenance and administration tasks in MySQL. MySQLMan allows you to do common tasks like: browse/create/drop databases, browse/search/create/drop/alter tables, import/export data, add/remove/alter table columns, add/remove/alter table keys, create/restore backups and much more!

It should have examples of most of the tasks you need to do.

Hope this helps.

J.

Thanks for your help JA and Rawhide!