Thread: Can't see my DTS Packages

Question Can't see my DTS Packages

Hello - I am attempting to rebuild a production machine with SQL Server 7. I have installed all available patches, and restored the MSDB and DB to this machine. When I go to Data Transformation, Repository packages - I cannot see the packages. I have had someone else look at my installation - all appears okay. I am now stuck and cannot continue. It there anyone out there that can tell me how or why this is occuring. The machine is exactly like a sister machine - had no problem with that build out. Any help would be appreciated as I need to get this new machine moved to production soon.
    Thanks

Do you see any packages listed in msdb..sysdtspackages table?

Did you change the name of the server when rebuilding it?

--DTS PAckages
    Select distinct name from msdb..sysdtspackages
    go
    --DTS in repository
    Select distinct dstname from msdb..RTblRelships (nolock)
    where DstTypeID=0x1A000000D9320000 -- DTS package in repository

I moved this db from the original machine to a new machine. IN the process I have renamed the server to the new name that conforms to our naming conventions now. I have done this exact move in the past with no issues before. I cannot see the DTS packages. I know the packages are there - I ran part of the nitely load process and it failed in one of the packages. I have tried restoring the MSDB but no luck.

Thanks
    Geri

I tried running the scripts that you supplied - but nothing came up. Should I remove SQL Server 7 and re-install?

Sounds like you may simply need to re-restore the msdb database.