Thread: Ytd -p

Cool Ytd -p

Hi guys.

I need to calculate YTD-P which is for the last year ie. 2004/Jan -> 2004/June or in other words x/Jan -> x/y depending on the selected Time dimension.

this is so that I can compare with the current year's YTD ie. 2005/jan -> 2005/June

How can I achieve Ytd -P in mdx ?

as far as I know you can only use ytd for the current year.

Anyone have any ideas ? any help is appreciated.

Thankyou
    Tom

There is no limitation at all with regard to crossing years, as you seem to suggest. What you're talking about is relative time, in general; I have an article coming up (next week - Monday, I believe: hope you subscribe to the newsletter that announces them) that touches upon this within the broad perspective of all relative time.

Gauging from the success I had with discussng drillthrough / drilldown with you, I expect another case of skinned knees on semantic layers, which exceed capacity with regard to time (my actual time, not conceptual)anyway. Read the article, and focus mentally on the term "extrapolate."

To do so is to realize one's greatest potential as any form of an artist, including that of a multidimensional architect, experimenter, or whatever role one sees to be as one's own.

Good luck.

Bill