Thread: delete the temp row and trigger???

delete the temp row and trigger???

Hi all,
    I have a web interface, which allow use to cope and upload some information into databse.
    My idea is creat a test table and allows insert and at back bone database, I write a trigger do some formate for the data in test table and insert them in data1 table that is the table I realy want. It seem whork fine. But I don't to keep the unformate data in test table, I can't use drop table because I don't want my trigger be reload again and again, may be I can delete the row I just do in test table , that will save a lot of space.
    by the way is a good ideal to write a trigger or not ? I don't for what reason I lost my trigger I have to reload my trigger again.
    Why??

Hop got reply soon. the deal line is coming.
    ________
    Maine dispensaries
    Last edited by sql; 03-06-2011 at 01:39 AM.

Option 1 (in no particular order): Use an instead of trigger on the table that formats the data and inserts it in your real table and never inserts into the other table.

Option 2: After inserting the data into the real table, delete it from the temp table.

Option 3: Forget about a trigger and temp table and just have the whole process handled by a stored procedure.