Thread: I cant install Expressmanager for sql 2005 express

Angry I cant install Expressmanager for sql 2005 express

Hello...

I have troubles installing MS ExpressManager for SQL 2005 Express...

See picture bellow!

http://forums.databasejournal.com/clear.gif

Can someone help?

BR

Dr.E

reboot the machine and then install.

Reboot

I have tried several tricks.. neighter works... It's a fres copy of XP pro, fresh C# Express incl. sql and .net....

It simply doesn't work.. Any more ideeas?
    THX
    BR

dr.E

Pose the issue in Microsoft's sql2k5 beta newsgroup.

anything on the eventlog or any new error log created on c:\winnt or c:\windows folder?

Cant Install ExpressManager for SQL2005 Express

Hi Dr.E, i'm not sure if you've still got problems with installing express manager for sql 2005. Anyhow the problems youre having seems to be related to the version of the .net framework installed on your computer. Apparently you have installed .NET 2.0 beta, or you wouldnt even get as far as your screenshot. However, there are several versions of the .NET beta release, and the version in current circulation for SQL Express 2005 beta 2, does not support Express Manager. If you really like to test drive Express Manager, then you need to download the February CTP. If you do decide to go down this road, i'd advise you to remove ALL versions of .NET framework, SQL Express, Visual Basic.NET Express, etc that you have installed. Then download and install the February CTP versions of these programs. Remember to read the notes before installing. It will definitely save you some hassle later. Once again, Express Manager is not yet supported in Beta 2 for SQL Express. This is due to the version of .NET framework.