Hello,

I am working on creating a new Logical file (View) using the ISeries Windows Navigator for DB2/400 V8. It is based on SQL Query. when the physical files in SQL Query are updated, the View fails and does not execute anymore, I get "SQL system error" But if i just run SQL Query "as is" it works fine. Any idea what might the prob.

Please help.

SQL statement the Logical created on
====================================
SELECT
TMPF.*,
JP.POSITION_ID AS POSITIONID,
JP.POSITION_TITLE AS POSITION
FROM TRNWORK.TRNMTVIEW TMPF
LEFT OUTER JOIN TRNWORK.JOBPOSVIEW JP
ON TMPF.POSITION_ID = JP.POSITION_ID

==========================================
Error : when i try to open the View

SQL system error.

Message ID: SQL0901

Cause . . . . . : An SQL system error has occurred. The current SQL statement cannot be completed successfully. The error will not prevent other SQL statements from being processed. Previous messages may indicate that there is a problem with the SQL statement and SQL did not correctly diagnose the error. The previous message identifier was CPF4204. Internal error type 3107 has occurred. If precompiling, processing will not continue beyond this statement.

Recovery . . . : See the previous messages to determine if there is a problem with the SQL statement. To view the messages, use the DSPJOBLOG command if running interactively, or the WRKJOB command to view the output of a precompile. An application program receiving this return code may attempt further SQL statements. Correct any errors and try the request again.