Thread: MSSQL 2000 ODBC driver

MSSQL 2000 ODBC driver

Hello,

I normally use Microsoft Access to retrieve data , via ODBC connection, from a table in a SQLserver database. One of the fields in the table has a value 1 but at times when the data is retrieved into MS Access it turns out to be 100 in Access. Moreover, when I try to change it in Access my computer hangs or it takes a long time before the change is effected. It does not matter from which client Pc this action takes place it remains the same. I am using ODBC SQLserver ODBC driver version 2000.81.9042.00.

I would be grateful if you could help me out of this strange situation.

Regards,

Albert

What is the schema of the column in SQL Server?

When you say "retrieve data", are you saying that you import the data or are you linking to the SQL Server tables?

How does Access define the column?

When you try to change it, are you directly changing the value in the Access table or are you using a query to update the value?

May check sql odbc driver on sql server, better to use same version.

Hello,

Thanks for the replies to my question. I work in the DBO schema. By retrieving, I mean to make a link via ODBC to the database. Strangely enough by creating a unique index on one of the fields, it seems to work as I want it to be. Well only time will tell if that is the solution to my problem.
    Thanks,

Albert

By "schema of the column", I meant what is the data type, size, etc.