Thread: SQL server 2000 Jobs

SQL server 2000 Jobs

Hi,

I have installed SQL server 2000 (Enterprise) on W2K advanced server using my local "Administrator" account. Using the same account for login, I have created database backup jobs on the server. After this I rename the Windows administrator account to "admin". Now I see that the jobs started failing. The error message indicates that "could not determine whether the 'server/administrator' account has access to SQL server."

Further, when I tried to troubleshoot, I discovered that the job owner name still displayed (through EM) is "server/administrator" account (this account is now renamed). I tried to change the owner name to "server/admin" but it is not getting changed. Hence, I just created a Windows user named "Administrator" and see that the Job is executing successfully.

Please note that the backup is taken on the server itself and SQL server & Agent services are running under security context of a domain account having administrator priveleges on the server.

What I am interested in knowing is what are the reasons for such behaviour? And how to rectify this problem since i really don't want the "administrator" account to be created.

use SQL authetication 'SA' to login to that box. Update the jobs to change the owner to 'SA'. Then run the jobs.

SQL server 2000 JOb

I agree to that MAK. However, any new job that i create using windows authentication, the job fails with error the message shown as "Could not determine whether the owner of the job 'Servername\Administrator' has server access." Note that the administrator is now renamed.

Please let me know how do i resolve that. Since I do not want to use SA login for creating the job.

Did you add server\admin as sql login yet?

SQL server 2000 Jobs

I have re-checked that the server\admin exists as a login and is having SA priveleges. I have logged in as Server\Admin and using windows authentication to connect to the SQL server.

Further, I see that when creating a new job(through EM) the owner name of the job is still shown as "Server\Administrator". I tried to change it to Server\Admin but it is again automatically reverted to "Server\Administartor".

Since they have same sid, try drop Server\Administrator first then add Server\Admin.

SQL Server 2000 Jobs

Hey,

That worked. Things are no sorted out. I dropped Server\Administrator from SQL server and then created Server\Admin. Changed the Owner of the Jobs to SA.

Thanks a Lot for your sugestions.