Thread: Access 200 Project - Recordset is not updateable

Question Access 200 Project - Recordset is not updateable

Hi,

I am a DBA and am trying to modify an Access 2000 Project made by someone else. Access forms file is on my pc while the database file is kept on server.

When I try to modify data in any table or form, I get error msg - "This recordset is not updateable".

Whereas when I try to modify data in another database file after creating new forms and by exactly the same way & kept on that same server, I am able to do it!

Need urgent help on this. Waiting.

Check the properties page of the form to see if Allow Edits and Allow Additions are not set to No.

I have checked all properties of the table & form, but nothing is disabled.

I am not even able to modify data in the table directly, leave alone thru the form!

Waiting for more inputs. Thanks.

Make sure your windows account has read/write permissions to not only the database, but the directory that it is in as well.

Go to Tools Database Security and Users Groups security page in Access and see if updates are disabled.

If you can't get to this dialog, then you may not be logged in as Admin user.

I have been able to solve the problem.

Issue actually lies with the primary key definition.

If a table is made with primary key, data is entered and then primary key is removed, access does not allow to modify / delete / insert new data & gives message that "Recordset is not updateable" !!

Hope it helps others too!

Chapter closed!

If a table is made with primary key, data is entered and then primary key is removed, access does not allow to modify / delete / insert new data & gives message that "Recordset is not updateable" !!

Chapter closed!

Chapter closed!

That's a new one to me. Never heard of that happening. Thanks for letting us know the solution!!

I have seen that happen with Linked Tables in access not with the access tables itself.