Thread: SQL Authentication

Hybrid View

SQL Authentication

Hey Guys, I have installed SQL Server 2000, am using Local Account and "Use Specific SQL Accounts". When tryin to connect to my sql server from another machine on the network if i use "Specific User name and password" and key my created user name and password, i can easily connect and if i key in a user name thats not created in sql server then am not able to connect. So this works perfectly fine. However if i select "Use Windows NT Integrated Security", it lets me access the database. THis means the SQL Server is allowing any user on the domain to access the DB. Could you help me resolve this issue and make my DB secure. Thanx for your help.

First off, this does not mean that it is allowing any user to log into the server. It means that it is allowing one specific user to log in.

Log into the server, go to the logins, and check to see what accounts or groups are enabled. From here, you can allow or disallow users and groups.

If you have not removed BUILTIN\Administrators group from SQL Server logins, any domain administrator and local administrator of the sql server machine have system admin privilege in sql server.