Thread: Write-Enabled feature?

Write-Enabled feature?

Hi,

While reading (I have come across what seems to be maybe a powerful and useful feature) available in MSAS and thus this related question:

Can someone briefly explain the use of this feature and how it can come in handy.

So far I have skimmed through BOL and it says that "Only parent-child dimensions support this dimension characteristic" i.e. Write-enabled feature.

Thanks.

I typically implement write-enabling for forecast / budgeting stuff, although I am currently doing a larger replenishment add-in for a retail ERP app using this functionality.

I expect to be publishing a couple (maybe more) articles on this in the near future, so stay tuned - one about the feature in general, another re: optimization of same - a significant consideration in its use for large cubes.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to your new articles

In the past few days I managed to read a couple of your articles and must say that I find them to be very well written. KUDOS!!!!

I do have a question related to your 3rd article of the series 'MDX in Analysis Services' (the one which talks about how to calculate the %age or contribution...). I'll post my question via another post.

Regards.