Thread: Report Service

Angry Report Service

Is there a way to change color of the report by add the code and when you click the label will call the code up and change the report color (print friendly)?

Conditional formatting: Color

I can think of more than one way to do this, but perhaps the easiest would be to set up conditional logic, triggered by the button / other parameter object the person pushes / selects (I hope I understood what you wish to do...).

Color, like virtually any other format / presentation attribute, can be built to behave dependent upon an expression. Say, for example, the color of fonts in a text box, the text box background color, the color of a measure in a column, etc. This is a good way to highlight numbers that, say, fall below a given level, or otherwise call attention to an item in a report, when we code the logic into the underlying expression.

This is a very common capability in most enterprise reporting packages. The capability to trigger formatting conditionally is more flexible in Reporting Services than in most apps of this class I have seen. I plan to present some articles on this sort of thing in the near future, so stay tuned.

Bill

William E. Pearson, III
    Island Technologies Inc.