Thread: 2519 errors

BusmasterJones Guest

2519 errors

We are experiencing daily 2519 errors after running our nightly dbccs. In particular, the error occurs after the dbcc checkcatalog. The text of the message is:

Msg 2519, Level 16, State 1, Server DAL8, Line 1
    Database Corrupt: The last checkpoint in Sysdatabases is incorrect. Syslogs recorded a different checkpoint

Books Online says that problem will normally resolve itself. If I rerun the
    dbcc checkcatalog, the error is not there, but will reappear the next morning after the dbcc task runs overnight.

Any ideas?

Craig Guest

2519 errors (reply)

This happens to me in the same sequence as you described. You can run 2 dbcc checkcatalog's in a row and see if the second one is clean, or you can just verify it via an on the fly checkcatalog as you have been doing.

If anyone has another idea, I am curious as well..Craig

------------
    BusmasterJones at 8/17/99 11:21:23 AM

We are experiencing daily 2519 errors after running our nightly dbccs. In particular, the error occurs after the dbcc checkcatalog. The text of the message is:

Msg 2519, Level 16, State 1, Server DAL8, Line 1
    Database Corrupt: The last checkpoint in Sysdatabases is incorrect. Syslogs recorded a different checkpoint

Books Online says that problem will normally resolve itself. If I rerun the
    dbcc checkcatalog, the error is not there, but will reappear the next morning after the dbcc task runs overnight.

Any ideas?