Thread: Table relations

Angry Table relations

Hello everyone in this foruns!

here is my first doubt, and is quite frustrating.

I have several tables in wich i had a field named report.

when normalizing the tables i was told to create a single table for all the reports.

my doubt, at the time was the relations to be cretated, because all PK in the tables are autonumbers.
    I created them anyway, but now when i try to insert records, access keeps asking for records in all the tables that relate to REPORTS.
    One more thing, these relations are all one to many(...) shouldn't it be one to one???

please shed light on this.

Greatings from Portugal
    AlÃ*pioSequeira
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AlípioSqueira; 08-31-2004 at 06:03 AM.

That's good for efficiency and speed to have your relationships set up but it isn't essential. But you should create a query to be the record source for your report. In the query you relate two or more tables according to what you need for the report.

In a select query, in general the "many" table will drive the number of records the query will display and the data you include from the "one" table will replicate itself in each record. For example, say you have a table containing 100 orders, and another table containing 5 SalesPeople. Each sales person is responsible for 20 orders. You link the two tables on the SalesPersonID. In the query each sales person will occur 20 times along with the orders they are responsible for.