Hello,

I have several DTS packages that take data from SQL Server and exports them onto an Access DB located on the network. Basically, one Execute Process Task from within my DTS package takes the Access DB and zips it while another such task copies the zipped DB and pastes it onto another location on the network. All this works fine.

This export process happens once a month so each month I have to manually add a datestamp to the end of the Access DB file that’s being exported to distinguish it from prior month's export. For example, this month's export file would have AccessDB_20040727.mdb name and the next month it would be AccessDB_20040820.mdb (date is determined based on the date the output is exported on). AccessDB.mdb is the default name of the export DB and datestamp is added at the end of the file name depending on what date the export was run. As I said, I can do this manually each month and it works fine.

I want to, however, know if there is a way to automatically supply the datestamp to the Execute Process Task's Parameters' text box? Following is what I have right now in the Parameters box:
\\ghf1-ndc8-sql\l$\production\output\lob\200406\LOB_CF_forDril ldown_All_20040727.zip \\ghf1-ndc8-sql\l$\production\output\lob\200406\LOB_CF_forDril ldown_All.mdb

I want to take above text from the parameters box and replace it with something like:
\\ghf1-ndc8-sql\l$\production\output\lob\200406\FileName_RunDa te.zip \\ghf1-ndc8-sql\l$\production\output\lob\200406\LOB_CF_forDril ldown_All.mdb

Where FileName_RunDate is a variable/placeholder for the name of the output with the datestamp the output is exported on.

There are three different Execute Process Tasks that are happening within each of my DTS packages so it's a time consuming job to have to manually add a datestamp to each package every month when data is exported.

Does anyone know if what I am asking is doable? If I can use a variable in the parameters box of each Execute Process Task’s properties and supply current datestamp values to it prior to executing the package each month? If so then what are the ways? How would I do that?

Thanks much.

JN